About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Young Teen Camp comes to a close!

So, my Young Teen campers left today. I had such a great time this week. It was fun because I got to play the older sister role as opposed to playing mom (which is what I was the prior week) I really enjoyed just getting to hangout with these girls and getting to invest in their lives for the week. So, once again I will list a few significant details about the week.
1. I had an indian name this week: Chief Boulder haha :D
2. We had a pet named Sherman the Wormen.
3. I wore a clip on neck tie for a whole day because of a dare during Skittles (refer to a previous post to find out what Skittles is)
4. I got the shyest girl I know to talk with me for 40 minutes straight.
5. I had a camper with a form of Tourette syndrome. I did not know this until she had a break down on the last night. Everything is fine. She just had a lot of "stuff" building up in her.
6. I went kyaking with 2 of my campers for their one on one.
7. I led the archery instruction hour.
8. I discovered a new love for cottage cheese.

Prayer Requests
Next week we have 200+ senior high students coming. A normal week of camp has 100+ kids of camp. So there are lots of mouths to feed and people to house.
Continual growth of the hearts of the campers that were here last week and the ones that are still to come.
Rest and relaxation- there are going to be some late nights and early mornings this week. Like 12 and 1 at night and 7am wake up calls

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love the idea of playing big sister rather than mom, especially since you'll never "get to be a big sister". I loved reading the highlights/tidbits, that's awesome and please keep mentioning those.

    =) Again, I cannot wait to hear stories!!

    ReplyDelete