About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week one cont.

So week one is almost over. It's hard to believe that it's almost over. I feel that within the past 24 hours so many things have happened at camp. Yesterday was wacky water wednesday. I spent 4 hours at the lake throwing kids around and playing the dunking color game. I got to do 5 of 7 one on one yesterday. I built a sand castle and went canoeing. Last night my girls were being very disrespectful when it came to quieting down to sleep. Here was my response (mom would be proud) (in a mother like tone I said) Girls, the next word that comes out of anyones mouth is a MINUTE OFF of FREE TIME!! Hahaha they went dead silent and didn't say a single word after that. I will definitely be using that again tonight! Last night and this morning the children had opportunities to pray and accept Christ into their lives. I had the chance to lead one of my girls in prayer to accept Christ into her life. It was a very cool experience one that I have never had in my life before. If any of you have the chance to pray along side a child as they accept Christ into their lives cherish that moment because it comes from pure sincerity and innocence. I have really been enjoying my time here. I look forward to the opportunities that are still ahead of me!

Some of my favorite quotes from this week:
Me- While I was "sleeping"
Camper- "hey guys lets go into the bathroom and listen to my ipod"
Me- "thanks for letting me know!"

While at archery with "Robin Hood"
Camper- "I learned how to potty train while watching Robin Hood"

Camper- "hey Mom... i mean Alison'

No comments:

Post a Comment