About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Catapult Building and Junior Campers and Leeches

Yesterday was the first full day of Junior camp 1. I have a cabin with 6 kids from ages 8 to 11. During rotations this week I am teaching catapult building. It's one of those things where I am crowd control because I i have knowledge about building catapults whatsoever. Yesterday afternoon I helped out with archery during free-time until I had Kieffer who works at the lake come to me with my 8 year old who was in tears. So I took the girl back to the cabin and Kieffer took my place at archery. My little girl just wanted some hugs and love pats so I sat on the couch and just gave her some love. Then it was time for instruction hours. Which is when I have my time off. I'm grateful for this time off to spend replenishing myself and rejuvenating. Please pray for the rest of this week that I would be able to minister to these girls and show them God's amazing love. I also have a camper with a broken arm. Pray that she would be able to have fun even though she has broken arm.

Today I had catapult building during rotations again. Then this afternoon I went creek stomping with my cabin during free-time. I had the lovely pleasure of picking 2 leeches off of my campers feet. We caught 6 minnows and 2 crawdads. It was super fun. I'm looking forward to tonight when we have our cookout. These girls have been super fun so far and I'm really looking forward to everything that will happen this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment