About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Chapel Planning and Kayaking

This past week at camp we had a church student ministries program rent out the camp. So everyone did projects around camp all week long. There were times during the week when I worked at the Archery range and times when I scrubbed down some dishes and I also scrubbed down plenty of toilets this week too. But my favorite project from this past week was planning the lessons for the 4-12 year olds at family camp. I was able to use plenty of things that I have learned in my ministry classes. I have thoroughly enjoyed working on the lessons. I found plenty of fun games to play and crafts and also found a fun song called Puttin' On My Armor. I have been blessed this week to use the gifts and talents that God has given me to work and glorify Him. This past week I have been able to live in the cabins which are on the outskirts of a hayfield. This makes for beautiful walks back to the cabin at night with wonderful stars. Today I had to opportunity to go on a kayak trip down the Mississippi River. It was so much fun! I had a blast drenching my partner Lindsay in the process of moving down the river. I also have a very distinct Chaco tan lines now. This coming week will be Senior High week. I will be living a Heckman House 8, or better known as "the cave". My cabin consists of all high school camp staff workers. This could mean that it will be a great week or it could be a very tough week.
Prayer requests for this next week: That gossip would be minimal. In a cabin of camp staff this could very easily happen. Also for energy. During Senior High week the nights get later and later and the mornings stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment