About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Monday, September 1, 2014

#AlisonGoesWest

Hey Supporters and Prayer Warriors,

I'm happy to announce that I am all settled into my house in Lafayette, CO. I moved in on Thursday and hit up Bed Bath and Beyond and the local King Soopers grocery store to get the first round of food to cook for myself. 
However, before moving in mom and I arrived at my cousin Aaron and Jess' place in Frederick to spend the night. It's so nice knowing that I have family close by to visit when I need a little taste of home. We spent some time with them and then on Thursday Aaron joined us to pick up my house key from the church. Once at the church we started peeking into classrooms to see what this church looks like as I had never placed foot into Flatirons before Thursday. We were walking around and Justin the 3rd-5th grade director stops us and gives us a tour of the place. Needless to say I got very excited and very overwhelmed at the same time. I got to meet a few of the other children's ministry staff as well. It will be nice to go into the office tomorrow and know a few of the faces. 
After getting a tour of the church we headed to the house where Aaron got to work unloading my car. I'm pretty sure I only brought one thing down the stairs to my room. Kudos to Aaron for his abilities to carry boxes downstairs. After getting all of my belongings into my room we said goodbye to Aaron and then the madness of figuring out where everything went and what I needed to purchase began. A few emotions let loose as I was overwhelmed but by the end of the day I felt comfortable enough to leave everything where it was for dinner with mom, Aaron and Jess. I spent another night at Aaron's as I had to take mom to the airport on Friday. 
After a tearful drive home from the airport I headed back into my house and finished unpacking. By the end of Friday I would say that this place felt like home. My decorations were hanging on the walls and everything was put away. 
On Saturday I spent most of the day at the house with my housemates. Lindsey, Ana, and I went to Lucky Pies, a pizza place, for lunch and then headed back to the house. Ana's sister and friend came over later and I chilled with them. We had many laughs and I enjoyed getting to know more people. 
On Sunday morning my other two housemates, Anne and Melissa, and I went to Proper Grounds, a local coffee shop, before heading to Flatirons for my first ever service. I really loved the service. The sermon was taught by the executive pastor, Scott, based on Philippians 4. The sermon was perfect for what I was feeling. He talked about casting our anxieties on the Lord and ultimately that we have anxiety because we have fear. It was a great reminder that God is the one in control and that I need to cast my anxieties on Him. I start my first day of work tomorrow. I'm ready to dive in and learn the in's and out's of the children's ministry at Flatirons. 

Below are some pictures of the house as well as our neighbors goat that we have named Jedidiah.

The view of mountains from my front yard!

Jedidiah the Goat!


My very own room!
My desk
The Downstairs living room.



I would greatly appreciate prayer for the following things this week: 
- Unity amongst the interns
-Unity amongst my housemates
-Building of new friendships that are grounded in Christ
-Strength to ask for help when I need, (I'm not good at doing this)
 
If you would like to send me mail my address is:
290 N 120th St
Lafayette, CO 80026

Thanks so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment