About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Time of Reflection

I took some time today to think about everything that has happened in my life within the past year. So I'd like to share some key moments in my life this past year that have brought me to where I am now.
1. I got my first real paying job. Last spring I applied to one too many places. I was rejected from many, mostly because they either weren't currently in need of new employees or because they didn't think I was right for the job. Somehow though God put it on my heart to apply at Village Creek Bible Camp. I am sure glad that I did because it was one of the best experiences I have ever experienced in my 20 years of living.
2. I successfully finished my first year of college at Taylor University in Upland, IN. Proud to be a TU Trojan!
3. I got accepted into the Christian Educational Ministries major department at my school.
4. I survived my first Taylor winter. I never want to have to experience another j-term at Taylor campus ever again. IT WAS COLD!!!
5. I heard God's voice. This past year has certainly been a year of spiritual growth for me. When I got accepted to my job at camp I became very hesitant to go.  Shortly after I went to a BarlowGirl concert at my school. During this concert I had a special moment with God where I clearly heard God's voice telling me that I should go to camp and that amazing things would happen. He was right. Lots of great things happened.
6. I became a Co-Director for BASSYCS at Upland Community Church. I absolutely love what I do at BASSYCS. I couldn't have a better ministry to work with while at school.
7. I am a small group leader of 6 girls on my wing. I really love doing this as well. It has definitely been a challenge for me but I am grateful for those challenges. It has grown me as a leader and closer to Christ.
8. I have learned that I have a heart for kids with special needs. Within the past year (specifically at camp) I have had the opportunity to work with a few kids with special needs. I'm not sure where this will come into play later on in my life. But I know that God is definitely preparing me for something with the work that I have done with these precious kids.
9. I co-taught Bible lessons at Backyard Bible Club with Kristen Prebble. This was so much fun! I really enjoyed doing this. This too, was also way outside of my comfort zone. Somehow I feel that all this speaking in front of people thing is going to come into play more frequently in my future! ;)
10. Philippians 4:6 has become my verse of the year 2011 and may be the verse of 2012 as well. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." This verse has really spoke to me this year. I have it engraved in the ring that I wear daily as a constant reminder to give everything to God. No matter what it is I know that God can help me through it. Otherwise He would not have done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment