About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bringin' in the New Year... VCBC Style!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go back to Village Creek for a staff retreat to bring in the new year.  You can only imagine my excitement to be back in the wonderful Valley! One thing I always enjoy about being with my camp staff friends is the amount of genuine fun and laughter that goes on.  I never have to worry about having inappropriate mess because most of us understand where to draw the line. 

Once greeted by all of my camp friends with screams and hugs the weekend adventure began. Katie and I as well as a few others embarked on an UNO adventure.  I'm pretty sure I've played more UNO this weekend than I have in my entire life. None the less it was lots of fun with lots of laughter.  As the weekend went on I continued to realize how blessed I am to have these wonderful camp people in my life.  I thoroughly enjoy being with them and going through life with them. 

Some other moments to mention about this weekend are the polar plunge. Consisting of camp crazies who jump into freezing water. I enjoyed watching it and laughing at them. Yes, at them.  Then there was our New Years Eve party. We played many fun team games and acted out skits to win prizes for our team. One of my favorite parts of this weekend was our goal setting TAG time. During this time of year we all think of a couple resolutions for the upcoming year. For the most part no one really follows through with them.  During this TAG time we spent time alone with God praying about SMART goals to achieve in the year to come.  I enjoyed having this time to personally reflect on what I really want to come out of this new year. We then put our goals in an envelope that will be mailed to us later on in the year to remind us to keep pursuing after our goals.

Once we got within a few minutes of midnight the party poppers started coming out. Daniel Paczok used his giant rubber band ball for our ball drop. Once the clock struck midnight we burst into excitement with lots of hugs. Then in groups we prayed over the new year and the ministry of VCBC.  After prayer we celebrated with a good ol' waffle bar. Delicious! Although not so nice to my tummy :/ Needless to say it was yummy.

After saying goodbyes today I realized that I will not see most of these camp friends until the summer.  I know that the time between now and then will fly by. So... I will live in the now. I will try not to get too sad that the end of May seems to be centuries away right now.

Philippians 4:4-7 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment