About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lent...

Every year around this time I'm told to give up something that I know I need less of in my life in order to spend the time that is spent on those things with Christ. So I was beginning to think about what to "give up" this year and I thought to myself. I'm going to probably give up the same things I've given up in the past. What is something different that I can give up? Then I thought what if I put something new on? What if I added something to my life or changed something instead of taking something out cold turkey? So that's when I came up with this idea to get rid any music that is not Christian for the next 40 days. So for the next 40 days I will only be listening to worship music or music with no words like classical music. So 40 days from now I will come back to this blog and write about my experience after 40 days of only worship music.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Alison :)

    A Christian rap song that is totally worship music is "Background" by Lecrae....so you should check that song out :)

    ReplyDelete