About Me

I am a daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, learner, and follower of Jesus Christ. I love life. I love that God allows me to wake up in the morning ready to face the adventure of the day.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A New Year, A New Season

It's hard to believe that the first month of 2015 is already over. It's also cool to look back at the growth that has happened in my own life in just one month. On January 1st, I remember saying goodbye to my parents on Concourse C at O'Hare Airport. I was balling my eyes out not wanting to leave the comforts of home for the uncomfortable of Colorado. As I walked to my gate and my parents walked to theirs I was struck by the verse Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous do not be terrified do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." I remember saying it over and over again waiting for it to sink in that God is with me wherever I go. After landing in Colorado and settling back into the intern house and going through my first day back in the office I realized that I was glad to be back at Flatirons.

About a week later we had our monthly intern check up. The two questions asked were, "What are you enjoying about the internship?" and "What is the most difficult part about the internship?" Now the first question was easy. I love everything about the internship. I know I'm doing what the Lord has called me to do so of course I am loving it. It's the second question that was hard. In regards to the internship there are difficulties but I'm surrounded by a wonderful team that helps to build things up when things are difficult. That's when I shared that it was the life outside of the Flatirons walls that was difficult.

When I'm at work I'm surrounded by my "family" same goes for my house when the other interns are home. But most of the time I'm in the house alone. This is the difficult part. I love my alone time. But I also need friendships. In order to make those friendships I have to sacrifice my precious alone time. This is the difficult part. There is also the factor that my family is 1,000 miles away. But like I said earlier, this month has been a month of growth. After sharing my difficulty in the monthly check up it's like a page was turned. After that point I no longer had moments of feeling lonely in an empty house.

Within the last month I have started working part time with Elementary at the Lafayette campus and part time with West Campus Kids. Being more involved with an age group that I love and a campus that has a tight knit community feel to it has really helped me in feeling like I have a part here in Colorado. If you had asked me a month ago if I would say yes to a job offer at Flatirons I would have said no. But now if you asked me if Flatirons would offer me a job I would say yes. Hands down! This month has been so much fun! I have gotten the opportunity to be more involved in the curriculum aspect. In fact, this past week I wrote my first two small group activities for the 1st and 2nd graders. I also have gotten to teach up at West Campus with their preschoolers. I'm really excited for what the last 6 months of the internship hold for me.

Although it is getting more and more difficult to be present when the end is just around the corner. I know that God has put me at Flatirons for a reason. I pray that I would be able to continue to stay focused on my internship and continue to invest fully in the people and ministry here. Being a planner, it is hard for me to not look to the future to start planning what the next chapter holds. However, God has given me great peace right now about living in the present knowing that He has a plan for me even when I do not know what it is.

Prayer Requests:
Over the course of the next several months I have lots of weddings. Which means lots of traveling and lots of my very small income going straight to airplane tickets. Please pray that I would be able to manage my money wisely so that I can save for these significant weddings. As well as for traveling mercies.
Pray that I would continue to be flexible to learn at my job while also having more direction of what I want to do.
Pray for personal growth in my walk with the Lord
Pray for the willingness to try new things and not be afraid of the failure that may come

No comments:

Post a Comment